If you are a student from the U.S. or an international student looking for a great college experience in Europe, consider IE University in Spain or Bocconi University in Italy. Bocconi has traditionally been considered a top European business school, and Milan offers a rich cultural backdrop for your studies. And my visit to IE last year really impressed me. IE’s diverse student body, fantastic modern facilities, and dynamic programs have created a real buzz. The interview is an intricate part of the IE application and will only become more critical as interest grows. I’ve had students apply to both Bocconi and IE in recent years, and they’ve delighted in the opportunity to acquire a top-notch education while immersing themselves in Italian and Spanish cultures.
IE University in Spain
“To say our student body is dynamic is an understatement. Every year, we welcome students from all corners of the globe, and their diverse aspirations, ambitions, and ideas contribute to our innovative and collaborative environment.”
IE Professors emphasize practical learning, real-world applications, and the opportunity to collaborate with classmates from around the world. Given its location in Madrid and Segovia, students can take advantage of the school’s strong connections to industry professionals, which helps them gain valuable insights and networking opportunities. The university focuses on entrepreneurship and innovation, as it encourages students to think creatively and develop a proactive mindset.
IE University has two main campuses: one in Segovia and another in Madrid. The campuses have some differences in terms of location and offerings:
- Location: Located in the historic city of Segovia, about an hour’s drive from Madrid, this campus offers a picturesque and serene environment. You can’t miss the Roman Aqueduct or the Alcázar.
- Campus Setting: The Segovia campus is known for its beautiful architecture, including a blend of historic and modern buildings. Think converted historic convents and monasteries.
- Programs: This campus offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including business, international relations, law, architecture, design, and more.
- Community: The smaller campus size contributes to a close-knit community where students and faculty interact more closely.
- Location: Situated in the heart of Spain’s capital city, the Madrid campus provides students with access to a bustling urban environment. Students are just a bus/metro ride away from the Puerta del Sol, La Plaza Mayor, or El Retiro Park.
- Campus Setting: The campus facilities in Madrid are ultra-modern and well-equipped, offering a vibrant and cosmopolitan atmosphere. The vertical campus is a unique concept and one of the only settings of its kind in the world.
- Programs: Similar to the Segovia campus, the Madrid campus offers a diverse array of programs with a focus on business, innovation, arts, communication, and social sciences.
- Networking: The Madrid campus benefits from its location in a major business and cultural hub, offering students more networking and internship opportunities.
Both campuses provide a unique experience, and the choice between them depends on a student’s preferred location, program offerings, campus size, and the kind of environment they would thrive in.
Bocconi University in Italy
Bocconi offers three-year undergraduate courses in Economics which share a common basis in the first three semesters and then distinguish themselves from one another by focusing on either Finance, Social Sciences, or Business Administration.
Research Opportunities: The university is actively involved in research, and students have the chance to participate in research projects and gain exposure to cutting-edge academic work.
Networking Events: Bocconi frequently hosts events, seminars, and conferences that bring together students, faculty, industry professionals, and thought leaders, creating ample networking opportunities.
Bocconi University’s campus in Milan is known for several highlights:
3. Global Community: Bocconi is known for its diverse student body and international atmosphere. Students have the chance to interact with peers from all over the world, fostering a rich cross-culture learning environment.